Tay-K Accomplice Agrees To Testify Against Him In Plea Deal

2018-08-25T08:01:20+00:00August 25th, 2018|

FORT WORTH, TX – Prosecutors in Tay-K’s case have reportedly agreed to waive the capital murder charge against Ariana Bharrat as part of a plea deal.

The agreement states the 22-year-old woman must testify in the upcoming capital murder trials of her three co-defendants — Sean Robinson, Jalen Bell and Tay-K (real name Taymor McIntyre).

According to the Star-Telegram, Bharrat will be allowed to plead guilty to aggravated robbery in exchange for a 25-year prison sentence.

Another woman accused in the case, 21-year-old Megan Holt, reached a similar deal with prosecutors. If Holt truthfully testifies against her co-defendants, she’ll be allowed to plead guilty to aggravated robbery in exchange for a 20-year prison sentence.

In total, four adults and three juveniles were charged in the robbery and fatal shooting of 21-year-old Ethan Walker in July 2016.

A jury found a teen girl guilty of capital murder and two aggravated robbery charges. She was sentenced in February to 20 years.

In May, Latharian Merritt — the man accused of pulling the trigger — was convicted of capital murder by a jury. Prosecutors waived their right to seek the death penalty, so he was automatically sentenced to life in prison.

Robinson, Bell and Tay-K all remain in Tarrant County Jail awaiting trial.

Even though rapper Tay-K has been locked up at the Tarrant County Lon Evans Correction Center for over a year, that’s not keeping him out of trouble.

According to the Star-Telegram, the North Texas teenager was allegedly caught with a cellphone last month and has racked up another felony.

Sheriff’s officials reportedly said after the cell phone was discovered, Tay-K attempted to flush it down a toilet before getting into an altercation with one of the guards.

The deputy felt some kind of contraband near Tay-K’s “groin region.” The item turned out to be a cell phone and charger stuffed into a white sock and tucked into his underwear.

“They asked him to remove it,” Chief of Staff for the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office David McClelland said. “That’s when he attempted to throw it in to the toilet to destroy the phone. When they tried to take the phone away from him, he got a little angry and got into an altercation with one of our jailers.”

Prosecutors added a third-degree felony charge of possessing a prohibited item inside a correctional facility last week.

The Tarrant County Inmate Search page says he was charged on August 2, while McClelland told the Star-Telegram he was caught on July 25 as a deputy was doing a pat-down.

Tay-K is charged in the 2016 death of 21-year-old Ethan Walker, who was killed during a home invasion in Mansfield, Texas. While on house arrest, he cut off his ankle monitor and fled his home.

During his time as a fugitive, the now 18-year-old was identified as a suspect in another murder and accused of assaulting a 65-year-old man. He was apprehended in Elizabeth, New Jersey on June 30.

Tay-K was charged with two counts of capital murder and aggravated robbery.

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Go to Top