Quavo Breaks Silence on ‘Unfortunate’ Elevator Fight With Ex Saweetie

Quavo Breaks Silence on ‘Unfortunate’ Elevator Fight With Ex Saweetie

2021-04-02T18:09:48+00:00April 2nd, 2021|

Quavo has broken his silence on a recently-unearthed video which depicts the Migos rapper and his ex Saweetie in a physical dispute.

Earlier this week, TMZ released the clip of Saweetie and Quavo’s altercation in an elevator, an incident that caught the attention of law enforcement.

The footage captured a quarrel-turned-fight, which reportedly took place in a North Hollywood apartment complex that Saweetie was renting in 2020.

It wasn’t as bad as it looked, and it’s all in the past, says Quavo.

“We had an unfortunate situation almost a year ago that we both learned and moved on from,” he explains in a statement to Billboard. “I haven’t physically abused Saweetie and have real gratitude for what we did share overall.”

Two days after the video hit the web, Saweetie issued her own statement, calling the tussle “unfortunate.”

Los Angeles Police Department is said to be investigating the footage, according to TMZ, and detectives reportedly want to meet with both parties separately to discuss the background to the incident.

Saweetie and Quavo are no longer an item. Saweetie first announced she was single March 19 on Twitter, writing that she’d suffered “too much betrayal and hurt behind the scenes.”

Quavo responded the same day on Twitter, expressing his discomfort with airing out dirty laundry from their relationship of nearly two years.